Friday, May 31, 2013

DAY 6 RESULTS AND DAY 7 PICKS AND PANS

We finally seem to have got back on track as all matches on the schedule were completed.

This will be a quick post and I promise to do a recap soon.

However, below are the 8 matches scheduled for Day 7.  Spin's Picks as per usual are in red

Bethanie Mattek-Sands v Paula Ormaechea - will BMS follow up her big win?  I think so
Stefanie Voegele v Maria Kirilenko - Voegele has proven me wrong before but I just don't see her getting past Kirilenko
Marion Bartoli  v Francesca Schiavone -  I think the dream ends here for Bartoli
Alize Cornet v Victoria Azarenka - I think this will be a long tough battle for Vika and she has to ensure that she does not let the French crowd get to her.  She has to remain focused in order to get this win.
Petra Kvitova  v Jamie Hampton - I think Hampton will pull the upset
Jelena Jankovic  v Samantha Stosur - Is JJ playing well enough to take down the 2010 finalist or is Stosur playing well enough to take down a former semifinalist?  This is a toss up but I am going with Stosur
Marina Erakovic v Sloane Stephens - Stephens has surprised me with her focus and fight.  I think her run continues
Jie Zheng v Maria Sharapova - a bit of a wobble against Bouchard by the defending champion when serving for the match but still came through in straights.  Should have no trouble against Zheng